The Value of Hosting Your Meeting in Salt Lake
Salt Lake helps you and your attendees stretch their dollar. Vicki Hawarden, MPI's Vice President of Knowledge and Special Events said, "We look for a city to host this convention that has passion and creativity. We look for a city that is affordable, with natural beauty. We chose Salt Lake because they are hospitable and creative."
The Corporate Business Travel Index consistently ranks Salt Lake as one of the nation's most affordable destinations. Compare Salt Lake's affordability to other cities on the Business Travel News Corporate Traveler Index.
Salt Lake's cost effectiveness is due, in part, because Utah is a business friendly state. In 2012, Forbes ranked Utah the #1 Best State for business for the 3rd year in a row. In 2011, Kurt Badenhausen from Forbes wrote "No state can match the consistent performance of Utah. It is the only state that ranks among the top 15 states in each of the six main categories we rate the states on."
Some key facts regarding Salt Lake's value:
- Utah is a right to work state
- The Salt Palace Convention Center and South Towne Expo Center hold no labor agreements with any union entities
- Taxi average from the airport to the convention district - $18
- Public Transportation "Free Fare zone" in the downtown convention district
- Utah energy costs are 31% below the national average
- Overall business costs in Utah are 10% below the national average
- Reasonable Tax Rates