Sustainability at the Expo Center
At the Mountain America Exposition Center, we are dedicated to creating a sustainable future. Establishing a Sustainability department in 2017 consolidated sustainability efforts with measurable results.
Sustainability focus areas include:
Events Industry Council Sustainable Event Standards (EIC SES) Certification:
- Our 2023 goal is to maintain the current certification levels: Bronze for the Expo Center, and Silver for Encore and Sodexo Live.
- By 2026, our target is to upgrade the Expo Center's certification to Silver, and maintain Silver for Encore and Sodexo Live.
Greenhouse Gas Emissions Tracking:
- The Expo Center will start tracking greenhouse gas emissions for scopes one and two in 2024.
- The ultimate goal is to track all three scopes of greenhouse gas emissions by 2030.
- Our top priority is diverting waste from landfills through principles of reducing, reusing, repurposing, and recycling in collaboration with community partners.
- By 2030, we aim to achieve a 70% landfill diversion rate by volume for the Expo Center.
At the Mountain America Expo Center, we remain committed to advancing sustainability practices and making a positive impact on the environment.