While walking along Salt Lake’s Bonneville Shoreline trail overlooking our little urban gem nestled in the mountains, you will hear a strange noise this summer. Yup—the hills are alive with the sound of the Red Butte Garden Concert Series. In an incomparable setting, the Red Butte Concert Series is one of our summer must-do’s. Between top-name acts like Bela Fleck, Seal, Nathaniel Rateliff and more, and the insanely beautiful backdrop of Salt Lake’s Wasatch Range, Red Butte’s Concert Series offers up aural pleasure with a heaping dose of nature. Add the fact that you can bring in your own cooler (yes, that means your favorite red, bubbly, or oat soda, and food) and this concert series is hard to beat.
Artist frequently remark on the beauty of the venue during shows, and you’ll see and hear why. Cool canyon breezes waft over the crowd, while the sun sets and the music swells. Bring your picnic blanket or camp chairs, and settle in with an always animated crowd on the cool, green grass of Red Butte Garden.
The 2019 line up:
- May 31: Bela Fleck and the Flecktones, with Billy Strings
- June 5: Little Feat
- June 6: Utah Shakespeare Festival presents a concert version of “Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat”
- June 25: Howard Jones, with Men Without Hats
- June 26: Lucinda Williams and Buick 6
- June 27: Greensky Bluegrass, with The Lil Smokies
- July 2: Utah Symphony’s Patriotic Celebration
- July 10: Galactic, with Karl Denson’s Tiny Universe
- July 11: Pink Martini, with China Forbes
- July 14: Lyle Lovett
- July 18: Seal
- July 23: Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats, with Lucius
- July 26: Trampled By Turtles, with Dead South
- July 30: John Prine, with I’m With Her
- Aug. 4: Umphrey’s McGee, with Pigeons Playing Ping Pong
- Aug. 5: Jonny Lang, with JJ Grey and Mofro
- Aug. 7: Mandolin Orange
- Aug. 9: The Mighty O.A.R., with American Authors
- Aug. 13: Shakey Graves, with Dr. Dog
- Aug. 14: Lord Huron
- Aug. 16: The B-52s, with OMD and Berlin
- Aug. 19: Steve Miller Band, with Marty Stuart and His Fabulous Superlatives
- Aug. 26: Stray Cats
- Aug. 28: The Wood Brothers, with Colter Wall
- Aug. 29: Amos Lee, with Madison Cunningham
- Sept. 4: Gov’t Mule
- Sept. 6: Gary Clark Jr.
- Sept. 11: Mark Knopfler
- Sept. 15: Boz Scaggs
- Sept. 19: Jason Isbell and The 400 Unit
- Sept. 23: Tash Sultana, with the Teskey Brothers
And since Salt Lake is such a welcoming scene, don’t hesitate to bring the kids—the Red Butte Garden Concert Series is 100% family friendly.
Nestled in Salt Lake’s east foothills, Red Butte is an upscale atmosphere with acoustics that only mountains can create. Pack a cooler, and some savory snacks, and get ready for an unparalleled evening of music and nature.
This concert series is a hot item in Salt Lake, and shows regularly sell out. Don’t wait, and get you Red Butte Outdoor Concert tickets here.