Getting out and celebrating the 4th of July with friends and family is something so many of us look forward to. Barbecues, parades, carnivals, concerts, baseball games, fun runs, rodeos, and fireworks are all great ways to get out in Salt Lake and enjoying our national holiday. If you are planning on fireworks this year, please consider watching one of the many shows produced with our local fire departments or one of the new drone shows, as the fire danger in an arid state like Utah is real. Here are some of the best ways to get out this Independence Day in Salt Lake.
4th of July Celebration at The Gateway
July 4th - 5 pm-10 pm
The Gateway - 18 North Rio Grande, Salt Lake
The Gateway's July 4th party is back! With two stages for DJs, bands, and karaoke, American classic food at all Gateway restaurants and bars, it's hard to go wrong. Kids' activities, contests, photo-ops, yard games, and dusk fireworks (10 pm) all make for a memorable 4th.
An Old-Fashioned Celebration at This Is The Place - Liberty Days
July 4th - 10 am-5 pm
This Is The Place Heritage Park - 2601 East Sunnyside Avenue, Salt Lake
Liberty Days begins with a flag ceremony by the Sons of the American Revolution - and then the fun begins! See the regular attractions of This Is The Place Heritage Park's living museum, and then enjoy special holiday events like the Candy Cannon, a watermelon eating contest, parades, and more.
Independence Day Celebration at Thanksgiving Point
July 4th - 4 pm-10 pm
Thanksgiving Point's Electric Park - 2650 Ashton Boulevard, Lehi
July 4th at Electric Park starts at 4 pm, and has a little of all the favorites - food vendors, fun, and fireworks. Bring a blanket to sit out and watch the show.
West Jordan's Western Stampede:
Rodeo, Carnival, Fireworks, & More
July 1-4 - hours vary
Veterans Memorial Park - 1985 West 7800 South, West Jordan
For a rootin' tootin' good time, West Jordan's Western Stampede and the Western Stampede Rodeo are the events to hitch your ride to. A real western-style rodeo that's been running for nearly 70 years, a vendor fair, food trucks, carnival, grand parade, Spikeball Tournament, and on July 4th a traditional fireworks show to cap off the evening.
Salt Lake City Drone Show
July 1 - 8 pm-10 pm
Jordan Park - 1060 South 900 West, Salt Lake
Drone shows are a fun and flashy alternate to more traditional fireworks shows, and they've been lighting up the Salt Lake skies for the last couple of years. Join in the fun with the official Salt Lake City Independence Day Drone Show, with food trucks and live music.
Salt Lake Bees Baseball and Fireworks
July 4 - 6:35 pm
Smith's Ballpark - 77 West 1300 South, Salt Lake
What's more all-American than a baseball game? Come out to watch the Salt Lake Bees play on the 4th, and enjoy a spectacular fireworks show afterward.
Salt Lake Community July 4th Celebrations
July 4 - times and locations vary
Most of the cities and towns in Salt Lake County have their own parties, including breakfasts, carnivals, parades, F-35 flyovers, fun runs, scavenger hunts, Spikeball tournaments, live entertainment, games, and of course, fireworks. Some of the many places with all of this great fun include South Salt Lake, North Salt Lake, Holladay, West Jordan, Sandy, Magna, and Murray. For a real treat, find a place up in the foothills to look down and see all of the fireworks across the valley going off at once! See the list below:
Salt Lake Community Celebrations
South Salt Lake 4th of July Celebration
- Fun run, flag ceremony, parade, family-fun festivities
- Fitts Park, 3050 South 500 East - July 4, 8 am-1 pm
North Salt Lake's Liberty Fest Fireworks & Festivities
- Fun run, vendors, DJ, food trucks, volleyball, magic show, bounce houses, foam cannon, climbing wall, R/C planes, skydivers, Eaglewood Auto Fest, fireworks
- Multiple locations - July 1-3
Holladay 4th of July Celebration
- Breakfast, bike parade, concert, fireworks
- Multiple locations - July 4
Sandy City 4th of July Celebration
- Parade, free concert and entertainment, BMX shows, K9 demo, firetruck spray, art and business vendors, fun run, kids' activities, food, fireworks
- Sandy City Hall and Promenade, 10000 Centennial Parkway - July 4, 7 am-11 pm
Magna 4th of July
- Flag raising and cannonade, breakfast, fun run, parade, vendors, entertainment, fireworks
- Magna Copper Park, 8900 West 2600 South - July 4, 7 am-dusk
Murray Fun Days Parade and Activities
- Sunrise service, breakfast, fun run, children's rice, kids' bike race, chalk art contest, parade, games, car show, food trucks, bingo, entertainment, concert, fireworks
- Murray City Park, 296 East Murray Park Avenue - July 4, 7 am-10 pm
Riverton Town Days
- Riverton Rodeo, races, parade, movie in the park, car show, carnival, chuckwagon breakfast, bingo, basketball, cornhole, and pickleball tournaments, children's contests, fireworks
- Riverton City Park, 1452 West 12600 South - June 23-24, July 3-July 4
- Big Air Show, Skate Loop Legends Performance, drone show
- Millcreek Common, 1354 East Chambers Avenue - July 3, 8 pm-10 pm