Thanksgiving is a favorite holiday for many - who doesn’t love ridiculous amounts of good food while surrounded by people you love? However, not everyone loves the work and cooking and cleaning that go into a feast-based celebration. Fear not! We’re here to tell you some of the best places in Salt Lake to bring you all of the tasty joy of a Thanksgiving day feast with none of the personal kitchen time. Book ahead, if you can, because reservations tend to fill up quickly. For those of you who are still uncomfortable eating in a people-filled dining room, there are plenty of pickup and/or delivery options available as well.
If you’re the one sneaking in the kitchen for a finger swipe of whipped cream the morning of Thanksgiving, might we suggest this Thanksgiving brunch. Oasis Cafe is notorious for their German buttermilk pancakes with blueberry compote and their varied menu, you can either enjoy a non-traditional Thanksgiving brunch or pre-game before the turkey comes out of the oven.
- Thanksgiving Hours: 9 a.m.–3 p.m.
- Pricing: $9–$14
- Reservations: Not required
- Location: 151 S 500 E, Salt Lake City
Provisions designed a traditional menu with a lavish, three-course twist. Their menu ranges from classic Thanksgiving to seafood options. A great takeout option is available to pickup the day before Thanksgiving, and feeds up to four people.
- Thanksgiving Hours: 1 p.m.–8 p.m.
- Pricing: $60 adults, $25 children
- Reservations: Recommended, call ahead 801.410.4046 or book online
- Location: 3364 S 2300 E, Salt Lake City
The Grand America
Admiring the historic and elegant interior of The Grand America while enjoying a Thanksgiving feast at the Garden Cafe of unlimited turkey, prime rib, and king crab legs, sounds like a pretty great day to us. This plated brunch will replace the traditional buffet in years past. They're also making a takeout feast available.
- Thanksgiving Hours: 11 a.m.–3 p.m.
- Pricing: $75 per adult, $37.50 per child | takeout $89–$340
- Reservations: Required, call ahead 801.258.6807
- Location: 555 S Main St., Salt Lake City
R&R is bringing back their seasonal Holiday Turkey Plate with seasoned and smoked turkey and all the traditional sides to keep you happy. For takeout or delivery, they have choices of dinner packs for eight or à la carte sides and desserts, like mashed potatoes and cranberry-apple crisp.
- Pick up/Delivery: Pick up November 22–24
- Pricing: $14.99 per plate/Main $89.95, sides $6-$20, dinner pack $129.95
- Ordering: Online
- Location: 307 W 600 S, Salt Lake City
Let Vessel Kitchen do all the heavy lifting for you, with 'Everything But The Bird' Family Bundles as well as mix and match sides and dessert options.
- Pick up/Delivery: November 24
- Pricing: Family Bundles $125 - 4 adults/$275 - 10 adults, sides/desserts $10–$40
- Ordering: Phone or online by November 22
- Location: 1146 E Fort Union Blvd, Midvale, 801-837-5055 - or 905 E 900 S, Salt Lake, 801-810-1950
For a holiday all about tradition, you can't go wrong going to a place with some of the best comfort food in town. Little America has their annual Thanksgiving Buffet, and it will be full of magnificent options, from roast turkey and honey and ginger glazed ham, to Tuscany-style roasted chicken and Beef Tips Bourguignon, at an all-you-can eat price.
- Pricing: $75 per adult, $37.50 per child
- Location: 500 South Main Street, Salt Lake
For a Thanksgiving dinner in a beautiful mountain setting and with truly mouth-watering food, Log Haven is your best bet. Their offering is a four-course plated luncheon, with traditional offerings created in an upscale, delicious manner - citrus-herb brined turkey with currant-golden raisin stuffing. Or go with a less traditional Pommery mustard glazed King Salmon or a filet mignon.
- Thanksgiving Hours: 1 p.m. - 5 p.m.
- Pricing: starting at $75 per adult
- Reservations: online
- Location: 6451 E Millcreek Canyon Road, Salt Lake
Tuscany has long been a Salt Lake favorite, and this year's 4-course meal will make you very thankful indeed. For the vegetarian in your life, check out their all veggie option.
- Thanksgiving Hours: 11 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Pricing: $68 per adult, $38 per child
- Reservations: online or call
- Location: 6451 E Millcreek Canyon Road, Salt Lake, 801-277-9919