Easter, which shows up April 17th this year, conjures a lot of ideas for different people. Chocolate bunnies. Decorating eggs. The advent of springtime. Egg hunts. Church services. New clothes. Daffodils. Whatever your take on the Easter holiday, take a moment to peruse the list of events and activities here to see what Salt Lake has in store for Easter 2022, and then hop on over to try one of them out.
The Hunt is On
Kids running around in new Sunday clothes with baskets, searching for eggs hidden in the flowers and grass is a fun Easter activity, and there are many opportunities to participate around the Salt Lake area. However, there are also a few twists on the theme - how about an adult flashlight Easter egg hunt? Or an Easter dog bone hunt? A scavenger hunt? Maybe you'd like to try searching underwater at the Egg Plunge?
Easter Egg Hunts for Kids
- North Salt Lake - Hatch Park, April 16, 9 am, Free - Kids 12 and under, Easter Bunny, separate special needs section
- Murray Park - Murray Park Amphitheater, April 16, 10 am, Free - crafts, facepaint, Easter Bunny, egg hunts for each age group
- West Jordan - Utah Youth Soccer Complex, April 16, 9 am, Free - ages 2-15, features an ADA-enforced activity for children of all abilities
- Cottonwood Heights - Butler Park, April 16, 9:30 am, Free - balloon artist, Easter Bunny, egg hunts for each age group
- Wheeler Historic Farm - Wheeler Farm, April 16, 9:00 am, $17/child - stampede-free event, Easter Bunny, every child receives Easter pail, goodies, wagon rides
Egg Hunts with a Twist
- West Valley City Egg Plunge - West Valley City Family Fitness Center, April 16, 11:30 am, $4-$5 - search the pool for prize eggs, includes use of the fitness center
- Easter Dog Bone Hunts - Wheeler Farm, April 14, 3 pm, $17 - two hunt times, doggie treat-filled Easter eggs, Easter goody bags
- Adult Flashlight Easter Egg Hunt - Centennial Park, April 15, 9 pm, $10/person - candy and prize eggs, including gift cards, movie passes, outdoor gear, more!
- 2022 Easter Brunch - Snowbird, April 17, 9 am-3 pm, tickets
- Breakfast with the Easter Bunny at Gardner Village - Gardner Village, April 16, 8:30 am, 10:30 am, 12:30 pm, tickets
- Grand America Hotel Easter Brunch and Bunny Tea - Grand America, April 15-17, 9:30 am or noon, tickets
- Grand Ballroom Easter Brunch Buffet 2022 - Little America, April 17, 10 am-2 pm, tickets
Something Different for Easter
- Paint Night: Springing Into Easter - Utah's Hogle Zoo, April 15, 6 pm-8 pm, tickets
- Eggs Legs Half Marathon - Gardner Village, April 16, 7 am, tickets
- Lamb of God - a Concert Spectacular - The Eccles Theater, April 15-16, various times, tickets
- Easter Bunny Train - Heber Valley Railroad, April 8, 9, 14-16, various times, tickets
Happy Easter celebrations from your friends in Salt Lake!