Salt Palace Convention Center
Open minds and big thinking find the ideal environment to imagine what’s next in downtown Salt Lake City. Whatever the size or location, the Salt Palace Convention Center is a hub for inspiration. From one-room meetings to full-facility conventions, our staff is here to facilitate what’s on your agenda, ensuring unequaled service and attention to detail. It’s a convention destination that’s refreshingly West of Conventional.
GBAC Star Facility
We are so proud to announce that the Salt Palace Convention Center has achieved Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC) STAR accreditation once again. GBAC is considered the gold standard for facilities around the country who's number one objective is the health and safety of their employees and attendees. As the cleaning industry's only outbreak prevention, response, and recovery accreditation, GBAC STAR helps organizations establish protocols and procedures, offers expert-led training, and assesses a facility's readiness for biorisk situations. The program verifies that the Salt Palace Convention Center implements best practices to prepare for, respond to, and recover from outbreaks and pandemics.
In order to obtain GBAC STAR accreditations, the Salt Palace Convention Center was required to demonstrate compliance with the program's 20 core elements, which range from standard operating procedures and risk assessment strategies to personal protective equipment and emergency preparedness and response measures. You can learn more about GBAC STAR accreditation at www.gbac.org.
The Salt Palace Convention Center is proud to announce the construction of a 26-Story Convention Center Hotel, right here in the heart of downtown Salt Lake City. As construction continues to transform our facility, we want to provide updates as often as possible. Return to this section on a weekly basis to see updates and any new pertinent information.
It is with great enthusiasm that the Salt Palace Convention Center (SPCC) & Mountain America Exposition Center (MAEC) announce the approval of their Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC) STAR facility accreditation. In order to properly address and meet the needs of the continued prevention, response, and recovery of COVID-19, both facilities began to pursue the GBAC STAR facility accreditation program in April of this year.
- 515,000 square feet (47,845 square meters) of contiguous exhibit hall space, divisible into 9 halls 164,000 square feet (15,236 square meters) of meeting space (14 separate rooms that can be divided into at least 70 different spaces A 45,000 square foot elegant Grand Ballroom, divisible into 10 smaller rooms Several foyers that can accommodate receptions 1,000 underground parking stalls and 40 loading docks
- 164,000 square feet (15,236 square meters) of meeting space (14 separate rooms that can be divided into at least 70 different spaces
- A 45,000 square foot elegant Grand Ballroom, divisible into 10 smaller rooms
- Several foyers that can accommodate receptions
- 1,000 underground parking stalls and 40 loading docks
- 10GB high-speed Internet access and wireless system that can accommodate over 10,000 concurrently-running devices.
- Business Center conveniently located to handle shipping, receiving, copies and more.
When you're attending an event at the Salt Palace Convention Center, give yourself plenty of time to park and get to your event. The facility takes up several square blocks, so there may be some walking involved before you reach your final destination. We have two underground parking garages for your convenience and a staff of friendly hosts to help show you the way during most large events.