pin_drop Map & Location
An Overview of Salt Lake City International Airport (SLC)
The Salt Lake City International Airport is operated and managed by the Salt Lake City Department of Airports, a department of Salt Lake City Corporation. Salt Lake City's Mayor, the City Council and a 11 member advisory board of citizen volunteers oversee its affairs. The department also operates South Valley Regional and Tooele Valley Airports.
- Ten airlines and their affiliates serve Salt Lake City International Airport: AeroMexico, Alaska Airlines, American, Delta Air Lines, Frontier, JetBlue, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, SkyWest, Southwest and United.
- SLC is a major hub for Delta Air Lines with about 70% of total traffic.
- The airport served 24,199,351 passengers in 2017.
- Salt Lake City International ranks 25th busiest in North America and 85th busiest airport in the world in terms of passenger numbers.
- The airport has a strong on-time performance record.
- There were 327,292 operations (take-offs and landings) in 2017 including commercial air traffic, cargo, general aviation and military activity.
- Delta Air Lines offers non-stop service from Salt Lake City to Amsterdam, London, Paris and Toronto.
- There are approximately 343 scheduled, commercial departures from SLC each day, serving close to 93 cities with non-stop flights.
- Light rail, TRAX, serves Salt Lake City International Airport.
- Salt Lake City International Airport is a department of Salt Lake City Corporation; however, it is an enterprise fund. Airport revenue is generated from user fees. No local taxpayer dollars contribute to its operation.
- Salt Lake City International Airport is the recipient of many international awards for excellence in snow and ice removal.
- There are four runways at Salt Lake City International Airport. Three air carrier runways and one general aviation runway.
- The airport complex is made up of two terminals, five concourses, and 71 gates.
- The airport offers free wireless internet access and has an interactive language translation service – “Language Line”.
- The airport is located about 15 minutes from the Salt Palace Convention Center and downtown hotels.
- Eleven major ski resorts are within an hour from Salt Lake City International Airport.
- There is convenient access from the airport to five national and 42 state parks.
- The airport is a gateway to 100 golf courses statewide, 24 in Salt Lake County and 26 more within an hour’s drive, including the world famous Alpine courses in the nearby Wasatch Mountains.
Dining & Nightlife
- Coffee Shop on Premises
- Restaurant on Premises
- Liquor Service Available