Salt Lake City Department of Airports
An Overview of Salt Lake City International Airport (SLC)
The Salt Lake City International Airport is operated and managed by the Salt Lake City Department of Airports, a department of Salt Lake City Corporation. Salt Lake City's Mayor, the City Council and a 11 member advisory board of citizen volunteers oversee its affairs. The department also operates South Valley Regional and Tooele Valley Airports.
- Ten airlines and their affiliates serve Salt Lake City International Airport: AeroMexico, Alaska Airlines, American, Delta Air Lines, Frontier, JetBlue, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, SkyWest, Southwest and United.
- SLC is a major hub for Delta Air Lines with about 70% of total traffic..
- The airport served 24,199,351 passengers in 2017.
- Salt Lake City International ranks 25th busiest in North America and 85th busiest airport in the world in terms of passenger numbers.
- The airport has a strong on-time performance record.
- There were 327,292 operations (take-offs and landings) in 2017 including commercial air traffic, cargo, general aviation and military activity.
- Delta Air Lines offers non-stop service from Salt Lake City to Amsterdam, London, Paris and Toronto.
- There are approximately 343 scheduled, commercial departures from SLC each day, serving close to 93 cities with non-stop flights.
- Light rail, TRAX, serves Salt Lake City International Airport.
- Salt Lake City International Airport is a department of Salt Lake City Corporation; however, it is an enterprise fund. Airport revenue is generated from user fees. No local taxpayer dollars contribute to its operation.
- Salt Lake City International Airport is the recipient of many international awards for excellence in snow and ice removal.
- There are four runways at Salt Lake City International Airport. Three air carrier runways and one general aviation runway.
- The airport complex is made up of two terminals, five concourses, and 71 gates.
- The airport offers free wireless internet access and has an interactive language translation service – “Language Line”.
- The airport is located about 15 minutes from the Salt Palace Convention Center and downtown hotels.
- Eleven major ski resorts are within an hour from Salt Lake City International Airport.
- There is convenient access from the airport to five national and 42 state parks.
- The airport is a gateway to 100 golf courses statewide, 24 in Salt Lake County and 26 more within an hour’s drive, including the world famous Alpine courses in the nearby Wasatch Mountains.
- Liquor Service Available
- Free Admission
Dining & Nightlife
- Coffee Shop on Premises
- Restaurant on Premises