AC by Marriott
The Sales Manager position will contribute and support the Sales efforts of the property.
Responsible for proactively selling, maintaining account relationships, and driving overall revenue to the property.
- Proactive sales a must! Ability to identify, sell, and close on business
- Exceptional skills selling and negotiating group and local corporate accounts.
- Highly driven professionals that part of a winning team, with mentorship and individual professional development to achieve success and growth.
- Accountable for sales goals, monitors progress toward those goals, and responsible for attract and retain customers.
- Ensure business booked is within the hotel’s goals. Close the best opportunities for the property based on market conditions and individual property needs
- Monitors existing accounts and regularly communicates with primary contacts for the account
- Penetrate and saturate departments and contacts within accounts.
- Contribute to marketing programs and promotions to increase sales and/or introduce new products and services.
- Attend and contribute to regular sales meetings and events to share information, set and revise goals, and to increase sales efforts.
- Maintains knowledge of market, competition, and best practices and trends in sales techniques and strategies.
- Understand the overall competitors - strengths and weaknesses, rate structures, sales team structure and deployment, special corp and group base, room inventory, renovation/room remodel standards, and how to sell against them.
- Ability to maneuver through all properties PMS and reservation systems
- Responsible for upholding your sales efforts in CRM database: achieve monthly sales goal, managing sales funnel opportunities, setting trace/follow up systems to actively manage your accounts, and tracking your quarterly account action plans.
- Thorough understanding of company’s products and/or services, and those of immediate competitors in the surrounding market.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Excellent sales and customer service skills, with proven negotiation skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Finance, or related field; OR equivalent experience
- Hotel Sales experience, minimum 2 years
- Marriott sales experience preferred but not required
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds at times.
- Must have a reliable form of transportation
- Occasional travel may be required for Marketing, Account Maintenance and Training
- Ability to maintain flexible/extended work hours as needed by job demand functions (ie after hour networking events, etc)