Utah Asian Festival 2020
pin_drop Map & Location
format_align_left OverviewThe Asian Festival began in 1977 when an influx of Southeast Asian refugees began settling in Utah. The festival was to introduce the majority of the population to these new minority groups. The Chinese, Japanese and Korean communities pooled their resources together for this historic event. It was the first time that these groups with different backgrounds, cultures and interests had joined together. Since that first festival, the annual pageant has offered a consistent performing stage for up to 15 different Asian and Pacific Islander communities.In each case, we have first generation leaders teaching second, third and fourth generations dance, music, crafts, cooking and ethnic skills. The Asian Festival also offers the community a chance to view other cultures in a fun and colorful setting and it offers children of various cultures to see others like them participating in activities of their heritage. For the past seven years, admission to the festival has been free! This is in large part to the generous grants from Salt Lake County Zoo, Arts, Parks and The Utah Arts Council and our other sponsors who love and support the Utah Asian community.
- Presented By: Asian Festival Community
- Dates: October 3, 2020
- Location: Mountain America Expo Center (formerly South Towne...
- Address: 9575 S. State Street, Sandy, UT 84070
- Time: 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM
- Categories: Art, Dance, Music, Festivals, Crafts/DIY, Discounts & Free, Folk Dance, World & International Dance, World & International Music, Temporary Art Installations, Family, Free, Festivals & Special Events
More Salt Lake