pin_drop Map & Location
format_align_left OverviewTracy Aviary’s community science team studies birds in twelve parks and natural areas around Salt Lake. Because owls are elusive and nocturnal, they are difficult to survey using our traditional bird survey methods. Instead, we lead groups of volunteers on nighttime surveys where we walk through the site and stop periodically to play owl calls and listen for any responses by resident owls. These surveys help us learn more about how owls use habitat in urban areas and along the Jordan River.Owl walks take place weekly from mid-February to May. This is a family friendly project appropriate for children ages 12 yrs and older. We ask that participants wear face coverings, and we are currently limiting group size to 10 people or fewer to allow for social distancing. RSVP required.
- Presented By: Tracy Aviary
- Dates: 2/24/2021, 2/28/2021, 3/3/2021, 3/7/2021, 3/10/2021, 3/14/2021, 3/17/2021, 3/21/2021
- Location: Various locations along the Wasatch Front
- Address: Salt Lake City, UT 84101
- Time: 7:00 PM to 11:59 PM
- Categories: Classes & Workshops, Outdoor Recreation, Outdoors, Re-Opening