Odyssey Dance Theatre’s Chicago Nights
Wed, Feb 27
A full-length work, directed and produced by Founder and Artistic Director Derryl Yeager, tells the story of Chicago in the 1920’s, when the specter of Prohibition gave rise to Speakeasys, Jazz and Gangsters. Men and women who brought corruption, racketeering, vice and murder to the headlines of the day. Al Capone meets Roxie Hart! And it all leads up to the most infamous mobster event of all - The St. Valentine’s Day Massacre! Now in its second year, this unique show has an intoxicating variety of dance styles, techniques, passions and emotions! A collection of works by some of the most cutting edge choreographers of the day - from ballet to contemporary, jazz to tap, ballroom to hip-hop - this amazing group of dancers will display not only their technical expertise and amazing versatility and, for the second year in a row, they will share these amazing stories of the 1920’s Chicago through the tapestry of dance styles available today.
- Presented By: Odyssey Dance Theatre
- Dates: 2/27/2019, 2/28/2019, 3/1/2019, 3/2/2019, 3/6/2019, 3/7/2019, 3/8/2019, 3/9/2019
- Location: Kingsbury Hall - University of Utah
- Address: 1395 East President's Circle, Salt Lake City, UT 84112
- Time: 7:30 PM to 11:59 PM