Lasting Impressions: Etchings and Drawings by Carl Bloch
Wed, Dec 19
Danish artist Carl Bloch is best known for his masterful paintings of religious and historical subjects. After establishing himself as the most notable Danish painter of his time, Bloch turned his attention to printmaking—a new artistic frontier through which he could consummately pursue his artistic mastery of light, forms, and narrative. In the final ten years of his career, Bloch produced 74 etchings and set a new standard for printmaking in his native country. He created empathic portraits, timeless views of his beloved Danish landscape, as well as significant images of his faith; quiet moments that reflect the inner and outer world of this notable artist.This exhibition will feature 60 etchings and rare portrait sketches by Carl Bloch.
- Presented By: Brigham Young University Museum of Art
- Dates: 12/13/2018, 12/14/2018, 12/15/2018, 12/17/2018, 12/18/2018, 12/19/2018, 12/20/2018, 12/21/2018, 12/22/2018, 12/24/2018, 12/25/2018, 12/26/2018, 12/27/2018, 12/28/2018, 12/29/2018, 12/31/2018, 1/1/2019, 1/2/2019, 1/3/2019, 1/4/2019, 1/5/2019
- Location: Brigham Young University Museum of Art
- Address: North Campus Drive, Provo, UT 84602
- Time: 10:00 AM to 11:59 PM