Conflicts in Federal Land Management and Why they Matter
Thu, Sep 20
The federal government’s ownership and management of vast amounts of land in the West creates conflicts and tensions here that do not exist elsewhere. The Utah Chapter of the Federal Bar Association is pleased to sponsor a panel discussion covering the legal underpinnings for the federal government’s claims of ownership and control; the types of legal (and other) challenges raised against federal land ownership and management in the last half of the 20th century, and how those challenges were resolved—some more successfully than others; and how lessons learned from those experiences are—or are not—affecting current challenges to federal land ownership and management practices.
- Presented By: The University of Utah S.J. Quinney College of Law...
- Dates: September 20, 2018
- Location: University of Utah S.J. Quinney College of Law
- Address: 383 S. University Street, Salt Lake City, UT 84112
- Time: 12:15 PM to 1:15 PM