Brigham Young University and the Great War
Wed, Nov 14
This fall marks the one-hundredth anniversary of the close of the First World War. In recognition of this event, the Harold B. Lee library will be hosting an exhibit celebrating the contributions of Brigham Young University students to the war effort.Through the exhibit, visitors can interact with World War I primary sources from the L. Tom Perry Special Collections University Archives and Veterans History collections and consider the effect of changing rhetoric, propaganda, and public pressure on students as they engaged with the national war effort during World War I.While visiting, stop at the selfie station and try on reproduction period clothing, including war uniforms and a Red Cross nurse's garb.This project is supported in part by Utah State History, with funding from the State of Utah and the Utah Division of Veterans and Military Affairs.
- Presented By: L. Tom Perry Special Collections
- Dates: 11/12/2018, 11/13/2018, 11/14/2018, 11/15/2018, 11/16/2018, 11/17/2018, 11/19/2018, 11/20/2018, 11/21/2018, 11/22/2018, 11/23/2018, 11/24/2018, 11/26/2018, 11/27/2018, 11/28/2018, 11/29/2018, 11/30/2018
- Location: L. Tom Perry Special Collections
- Address: 1130 Harold B. Lee Library, Provo, UT 84602
- Time: 8:00 AM to 11:59 PM