Body and Soul
Sat, Oct 20
In today’s social media-driven landscape, we are surrounded by portraits — from candid snapshots to highly-staged selfies. Body and Soul features 24 Utah-based artists and explores the lasting power of this classical genre across contemporary painting, photography, text-based installations, and more. Established tropes are both embraced and reinvented, presenting diverse approaches to portraiture as a means of commemoration, reflection, and social critique. From faithful likeness to fantasy and fracture, the power of portraits is that they are about more than what we look like; they reveal who we are.Participating artists include Adrianna Allegretti, Emily Dyer Barker, Lynn Blodgett, Trent Call, Lee Cowan, Downy Doxey-Marshall, Mark Elliot, Dennise Gackstetter, Megan Knobloch Geilman, Bailey Genevieve Hatcher, Tom Hoffman, Amy Jorgensen, Clayton Keyes, Natalie Kirk, V. Kim Martinez, Anne Morgan-Jespersen, Nathanael Read, David Riley, Heidi Moller Somsen, Cory Strupp, Jimmi Toro, Mary Toscano, Clinton Whiting, and Gabrielle Wolfe.
- Presented By: Kimball Art Center
- Dates: 10/18/2018, 10/19/2018, 10/20/2018, 10/21/2018, 10/22/2018, 10/23/2018, 10/24/2018, 10/25/2018, 10/26/2018, 10/27/2018, 10/28/2018, 10/29/2018, 10/30/2018, 10/31/2018, 11/1/2018, 11/2/2018, 11/3/2018, 11/4/2018
- Location: Kimball Art Center
- Address: 1401 Kearns Boulevard, Park City, UT 84060
- Time: 12:00 PM to 5:00 PM