Tough Bulls. Tasty Ribs. Tender Cowboys.
The Days of '47 Ribs & Rodeo is here! From July 21-25, we'll commemorate the Pioneers' arrival in the Salt Lake Valley with one of Utah's longest-standing traditions. Grab your tickets for tough bulls, tasty ribs and tender cowboys at Smith'sTix or RibsAndRodeo.com.
The Days of '47 Komatsu Equipment Rodeo features a number of fun activities for all ages to celebrate the Days of '47 holiday. Some of the events that will take place on the EnergySolutions Plaza, from 4 to 7 pm, or at the Days of '47 Rodeo include:
- Championship rodeo competition
- BBQ vendors on the plaza
- Jack Daniel's Championship BBQ Cook-Off (Saturday, July 25)
- Mechanical bull riding
- Rodeo clowns
- Concerts on the plaza
- Mutton busting
- Maverik Chute Out (Saturday, July 25)
- Beer garden with some of Utah's best microbreweries
- Petting zoo and pony rides
- Roping demonstrations/instruction
- And more!
And this year it's easier than ever to get to the Days of '47 Rodeo. You can use your rodeo ticket as fare on UTA TRAX, FrontRunner and regular UTA buses for the date printed on the ticket. Make sure to keep your ticket so you can ride the public transit system like a seasoned veteran.