Sundance Film Festival Cafe at the Beehive Tea Room
The 2012 Sundance Film Festival starts Thursday, Jan. 19, with screenings, parties and events taking place not just in Park City, but in Salt Lake City at the SLC Public Library, the Tower Theatre, Broadway Centre Cinemas and Rose Wagner Performing Arts Center.
Conveniently located between Rose Wagner Performing Arts Center and Broadway Centre Cinemas is the Beehive Tea Room, which becomes the Sundance Film Festival Café January 20-28. Festival goers can chat, relax, and enjoy the Beehive Tea Room's lovely vintage antiques and furniture. The Beehive Tea Room serves French-press coffee, Chai, hot chocolate, wine, beer, sweets, English scones, sandwiches, salads and soups. During the festival, the café will also offer live music each night from 7:30 to 10:30 p.m. There is no entrance fee.
Beehive Tea Room
12 West Broadway (300 S.)
- Friday, Jan. 20: Hot Club Of Zion (French jazz-swing, gypsy jazz)
- Saturday, Jan. 21: Otter Creek (original and traditional Utah folk and bluegrass)
- Sunday, Jan. 22: Doug Wintch & Anke Summerhill (singer-songwriters)
- Monday, Jan. 23: Clarksdale Ghosts (Austin-style country, first generation blues)
- Tuesday, Jan. 24: Mark Dago (indie futuristic video game hip-hop)
- Wednesday, Jan. 25: B.D. Howes Band (vintage, blues-based 60s classic rock)
- Thursday, Jan. 26: 16 Pandora (rock/blues/pop, special acoustic show)
- Friday, Jan. 27: Lake Mary (acoustic guitars, some pedals, a computer and a banjo)
- Saturday, Jan. 28: Kate Macleod (Americana, fiddle, roots, folk, bluegrass, Celtic)