Salt Lake Santa Pub Crawl is Getting its Ho-Ho-Ho on Dec. 17th
Get out your red suit and join fellow Santas, Ms. Clauses, reindeers and elves as they take over downtown. Santa groups start off the night at 6:30 p.m. at two locations – Lumpy’s on Pierpont Avenue and O’Shucks on 100 South. After a round or two, they converge on Temple Square to sing carols and hand out candy canes before visiting “Santa Friendly” bars such as The Beerhive, Murphy’s, Johnny’s on Second, the Green Pig and ending at Club Elevate for a little Santa booty shake.
While these Santas are out to party, they are a responsible group, judging from this amended list of Santa Pub Crawl Rules:
1. Santa does not make children cry.
2. Watching Santa get drunk and rowdy is fun. Babysitting Santa while he vomits in an alley is not fun. Don't be that Santa.
3. Santa always pays for his beer and tips the bar staff. This adventure should be cash only. Santa is polite and cultivates the goodwill of the local community.
4. Santa doesn’t get arrested. Please remember that this is all about having fun. There is no "bail fund" for incarcerated Santas and if you cross the line you'll be on your own.
5. Santa doesn't drink & drive and neither should you. If you're going to drink you must make sure that you can get safely home without driving yourself. Take public transportation, carpool with a designated sober driver or reserve a room at one of the designated hotels.
6. You SHOULD "ho-ho-ho" like Santa.
7. You OUGHT to give out gifts like Santa.
8. You MUST address everyone as "Santa."
For those Santa’s that have had too much cheer, the Radisson Hotel on 215 South West Temple and the Peery Hotel on 110 East Broadway are offering discounted rates Friday night. Be sure to mention the Santa Pub Crawl.
Find your fellow Santas and receive updates on the route on Facebook at The Official Salt Lake SantaCon or email email@example.com.
Read more from Eugenie Jaffe at www.getbombshell.com.