Register now for RootsTech
Registration is open now for RootsTech, the largest genealogy conference in the United States. Instructors and companies from around the world will gather in Salt Lake for 3 days to teach you about the newest technologies to help you trace your roots.
RootsTech will be held February 6-8, 2014 at the Salt Palace Convention Center in Salt Lake City, Utah. FamilySearch, the conference sponsor says the conference "is a unique global event where people of all ages learn to discover and share their family stories and connections through technology."
There are learning opportunities for all levels and interests including:
- Over 200 classes taught by genealogy experts, including hands-on computer lab courses.
- A huge expo hall with companies working to make your research easier.
- A "Getting Started" track of 30 classes to help beginners--with tickets starting at only $19.
- Developers Day classes for those interested in developing new genealogy products.
- And new this year, "Family Discovery Day" on Saturday with free classes and activities for the whole family to explore with special inspirational classes for members of the LDS Church.
Early Bird prices are good until Jan 6th 2014 with a Full Access Pass at $159 and a Getting Started Pass at $39. Register at RootsTech.org
I will be speaking about my book Zap The Grandma Gap: Connect With Your Family By Connecting Them To Their Family History in a hands on discussion workshop entitled: "Zap The Grandma Gap--Leave A Heritage Workshop." We'll work together on coming up with specific ideas about how to leave a strong heritage to your children and grandchildren. And my 14 year old son will be teaching "Get to Know Your Geezers" a how-to research class for youth 18 and under. Stop by and see us at Family ChartMasters in the vendors hall too. It is going to be a great party. See you there.