Music in the Air
This list is in no way all-inclusive. It just represents my own limited knowledge...
- Every Tuesday at noon, you can enjoy a free concert at Murray Park, pavillion 5. Entrance to the park is 160 East 5300 South. Murray Park is also home to the Arts in the Park series, where you can see a play or hear a symphony (there is a small fee for this). For a list of dates, go here.
- Every Thursday evening at 7:00 pm, you can hear two live bands at Pioneer Park, 350 West 300 South, as part of Salt Lake City's Twilight Concert Series. These are also free.
- Every weekday, you can go to the Gallivan Center, 239 South Main Street, at 12:00 to hear more free music as part of their Lunch Bunch Concert Series.
- Out west in West Valley City, the Cultural Arts Center at 3600 South Constitution Blvd, holds free outdoor concerts through the whole summer (and indoor ones when the weather is colder- it's a great place). Click here for July's schedule.
- Thursday nights from 6:30 to 8:30 are Jazz on the Plaza nights at The Gateway Shopping Center, 400 West and 200 South to South Temple. Click here for a schedule.
- Thursday nights at Sprague Library, 2131 South and 1100 East in Sugar House, are home to Sounds of Summer, a free concert series.
I have been to an event at nearly all of these locations and am always impressed. What could be more relaxing than lounging outside and listening to great music? For FREE!
Follow Rebecca's adventures at www.thrilledbythethought.com