Live Green Festival
The Salt Lake Downtown Alliance is hosting Live Green, the 6th Annual Sustainable Living Festival from 10am to 6pm on May 9th at Library Square. The most recognized environmental fair in the State of Utah, this event promises to educate, inspire, and entertain.
Come sample local organic and naturally grown fare, enjoy a cold Organic Amber from Squatter's (award winning) Brewery, check out a myriad of alternative transportation options, and enjoy the tunes of Shake Your Peace, Utahpia 2009!, and CelloJoe who will be performing on the pedal-powered music stage.
For the activist-minded, this is an excellent opportunity to meet the local organizations fighting for sustainability within our community-- there are plenty of opportunities to make a difference!
Other highlights include:
- "Sustainability and the Wealth of Cities" -- John Norquist: President and CEO of the Congress of New Urbanism (11:00 AM in the Auditorium)
- "Petroleum Free in One Year" -- Doug Fine: Investigative journalist and author of Farewell, My Subaru (1:30 PM in the Auditorium)
- Screening of FUEL, winner of the Audience Award for Best Documentary, Sundance 2008. (4:00 PM in the Auditorium)
- Talk to owners, inventors, and businesses about transportation alternatives including; pedal- and solar-powered, electric, bio-diesel, and natural gas vehicles.
- A variety of vendors will be selling locally-grown bedding plants and Master Gardeners will offer advice on the proper plants for your plot.
- Learn about local businesses striving for sustainable practices.
- Discover the benefits of downtown living and sustainable building methods.
- Explore environmentally responsible fashion options including couture clothing made from recycled materials!
- Activities for kids provided by The Leonardo.