Free Full Moon Snowshoe Outings
Nothing beats snowshoeing under a full moon with fresh snow in the mountains. Learn about the nocturnal residents of the mountains in winter. This is a great way to spend a night wandering around on snowshoes!
- Friday, January 21, 2011: 7:00PM at Spruces Campground, Big Cottonwood Canyon
- Friday, February 18, 2011: 7:00PM at Alta, Little Cottonwood Canyon
- Saturday, March 19, 2011: 8:00PM at Spruces Campground, Big Cottonwood Canyon
- Saturday, April 16, 2011: 8:00PM at Alta, Little Cottonwood Canyon
How to make a reservation:
- To make a free reservation, call The Cottonwood Canyons Foundation at (801) 466-6411
- Reservations can be made up to 2 weeks in advance
- Reservations can be made for groups up to 6 people
This is a free event, but you do need to bring your own snowshoes. Click HERE for a list of where to rent snowshoes. You can also view a segment from Studio 5 on snowshoeing tips and what equipment to bring with you on your outing.
Outings will be cancelled in case of inclement weather.
For more fun winter events and activities, visit Enjoy Utah!
About The Cottonwood Canyons Foundation:
The snowshoe outings are guided by The Cottonwood Canyons Foundation. They are are a nonprofit organization with a mission "to continuously improve the environment of Big and Little Cottonwood Canyons through stewardship and education programs". They are always looking for volunteers, and have a wide variety of volunteer programs. In addition to the snowshoe outings, they have a wide range of other FREE year-round educational events.
Read more from Michelle Powell at www.enjoyutah.org.