Free Full Moon Snowshoe Outings
Nothing beats snowshoeing under a full moon with fresh snow in the mountains. Learn about the nocturnal residents of the mountains in winter. This is a great way to spend a night wandering around on snowshoes!
- Friday, January 21, 2011: 7:00PM at Spruces Campground, Big Cottonwood Canyon
- Friday, February 18, 2011: 7:00PM at Alta, Little Cottonwood Canyon
- Saturday, March 19, 2011: 8:00PM at Spruces Campground, Big Cottonwood Canyon
- Saturday, April 16, 2011: 8:00PM at Alta, Little Cottonwood Canyon
How to make a reservation:
- To make a free reservation, call The Cottonwood Canyons Foundation at (801) 466-6411
- Reservations can be made up to 2 weeks in advance
- Reservations can be made for groups up to 6 people
This is a free event, but you do need to bring your own snowshoes. Click HERE for a list of where to rent snowshoes. You can also view a segment from Studio 5 on snowshoeing tips and what equipment to bring with you on your outing.
Outings will be cancelled in case of inclement weather.
About The Cottonwood Canyons Foundation:
The snowshoe outings are guided by The Cottonwood Canyons Foundation. They are a nonprofit organization with a mission "to continuously improve the environment of Big and Little Cottonwood Canyons through stewardship and education programs". They are always looking for volunteers, and have a wide variety of volunteer programs. In addition to the snowshoe outings, they have a wide range of other FREE year-round educational events.
Read more from Michelle Powell at www.enjoyutah.org.