Free Art and Science Afternoons For Families
Every Saturday in March from 1pm to 4pm, head down to the Utah Museum of Fine Arts for Free Art and Science Afternoons for Families!Each Saturday will have a theme; learn about air, fire, water, and earth through a series of free family art-making festivals. Below is a list of activities going on during the Art and Science Afternoons, but visit the Utah Museum of Fine Arts website for complete information!
AIR • March 5
- Kite making
- Air Pressure Demonstration
- Planet Spheres make-and-take
- How to forecast the weather with a portable weather station
- Things in the sky treasure hunt
FIRE • March 12
- Charcoal Drawings
- Using sunlight to create photograms
- Salt Lake City Fire Department
WATER • March 19
- Make a splash with watercolors
- Create beautiful cloudscapes
EARTH • March 26
- Clay sculptures with the Utah Museum of Natural History
- Discover earth by creating clay sculptures to take home
Located at The University of Utah:
Marcia & John Price Museum Building
410 Campus Center Drive
Salt Lake City, Utah 84112-0350
For a map to the museum, go to their page and click on "See Map".
Visit Enjoy Utah! for more fun and free family activities around Salt Lake City!