Entertaining Mother's Day Gifts
Mother's Day is May 9, and it's time for many of us to start stressing about what to get the wonderful mothers in our lives. Instead of getting Mom a rosebush she'll have to plant, clothes that likely won't fit or expensive candy that will make her worry about her weight, consider giving the gift of entertainment.
Tickets to an entertainment event can be a perfect gift. Your mom will never have to wash them, dust them, or find a place to put them. You can buy one for yourself, too. After all, Mom probably doesn't want to go to the show alone!
Read more for eight upcoming Salt Lake events moms might enjoy...
- Sugarland at The E-Center May 7. This one is the Friday before Mother's Day, but if your mom is a country music fan, she might love it as an early gift. Tickets $19-$49.50.
- The Three Musketeers at Hale Centre Theatre, playing now through June 5. Handsome men with swords - need I say more? Tickets $22-$26.
- 42nd Street at Pioneer Memorial Theatre, playing now through May 8. This classic musical tells the story of Peggy, a small-town chorus girl arriving fresh off the bus in the Big Apple. Tickets $30-$49.
- Cirque du Soliel Alegria at The E-Center May 19-23. Alegría features an international 55-member cast and showcases breathtaking acrobatics. Tickets $38-$93. Purchase five tickets before May 9 and get 20 percent off at Cafe Trio.
- Celtic Woman at EnergySolutions Arena May 22. Features stirring music from the ladies' latest CD, "Songs from the Heart." Tickets $40-$67.
- Smucker's Stars on Ice at The E-Center May 26. See ice skating stars from the Vancouver Olympics, including gold medalist Evan Lysacek. Tickets $28-$128.
- U2 360 at Rice-Eccles Stadium June 3. U2 360 is an amazing show and a must for any mom who's also a rock and roll fan. Tickets $30-$250.
- Jerry Seinfeld at Abravanel Hall. Not until June 11, but Jerry is worth the wait. Tickets $61-$76.
Got a question or comment about life in SLC? Post it in the About Salt Lake City forum.
Follow Aboutslc on Twitter
Photo: "Handbalancing" by Camirand. Courtesy Cirque du Soleil.