SALT LAKE CITY TOPS LIST OF NORTH AMERICA’S BEST BARGAIN SKI HOT SPOTS FOR WINTER WANDERERS
TripAdvisor®, the world's largest travel site*, today launched its inaugural TripIndex Ski - a cost comparison of 20 popular ski destinations across the United States and Canada.
TripAdvisor's TripIndex Ski presents the combined cost of one night's hotel accommodation, a basic ski rental package, a one-day lift ticket, a local meal and a bottle/glass of beer at top ski destinations.
The complete TripIndex Ski list can be viewed here.
Top Skiing Steals and Deals
* Salt Lake City, Utah is the most affordable ski destination, with a total TripIndex Ski cost of $239.
* North Conway, New Hampshire is the least expensive ski destination in the Northeast, coming in on TripAdvisor's TripIndex Ski at $240.
* Taos, New Mexico topped the list for the cheapest ski destination for travelers looking to enjoy America's western slopes ($250).
* Banff, Alberta came out on top for the best-value Canadian destination for winter sports enthusiasts, with a total TripIndex Ski cost of $287.
Most Expensive Winter Escapes
* With a price tag of $746, Vail, Colorado emerged as the priciest ski spot.
* Colorado is also the overall most expensive state for U.S. skiers, with four of the top five most expensive destinations on the index.
*Whistler, British Columbia is the priciest Canadian ski destination, coming out at a TripIndex Ski total of $486.
Cutting Costs on Accommodations
The top ten affordable ski destinations also have the most pocket-friendly hotel rates:
* A one-night stay in Salt Lake City, Utah - the most affordable TripIndex Ski hotspot - is $122, compared to $582 in Vail, Colorado.
* Eight of the ten most affordable destinations boast average hotel prices under $200 per night, while rates across five of the ten most expensive destinations exceed $400 per night.
"For travelers who are looking for a snowy escape, TripIndex Ski provides an easy way to compare the most popular ski destinations across North America," said Karen Drake, senior director of communications at TripAdvisor. "TripIndex Ski is a useful tool for travelers who are looking to get the best bang for their buck this winter season."
Best Value Ski Destinations in North America
1. Salt Lake City, UT
2. North Conway, NH
3. Taos, NM
4. Jackson Hole, WY
5. Snowshoe, WV
6. Banff, AB, Canada
7. Stowe, VT
8. Lake Tahoe, CA
9. Lake Placid, NY
10. Killington, VT
Most Expensive Ski Destinations in North America
1. Vail, CO
2. Aspen, CO
3. Park City, UT
4. Telluride, CO
5. Steamboat Springs, CO
6. Whistler, BC, Canada
7. Big Sky, MT
8. Mont-Tremblant, QC, Canada
9. Sun Valley, ID
10. Mammoth Lakes, CA