Tuesday, March 29, 2016 1:00 AM
Salt Lake City - March 29, 2016 -- Salt Lake City’s Public Services Department and the Parks and Public Lands Program invite the public to attend the opening celebration of the Regional Athletic Complex on Saturday, April 2, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
This kick-off event will feature a variety of fun activities for the whole family including rugby, soccer, lacrosse, ultimate Frisbee and quidditch exhibition games; free youth soccer and ultimate Frisbee clinics; Utah Bubble Balls sports activities; food by The Food Truck League; and a radio remote show by Utah’s ESPN 700. Salt Lake City looks forward to opening this complex for its first full season by involving the community in a day filled with fun sport-related activities.
· Beginning at 8 a.m., rugby, lacrosse, and soccer games will kick off the event and take place throughout the day.
· Beginning at 11a.m., there will be a free ultimate Frisbee clinic for youth ages 9 and up. The Food Truck League will begin serving a variety of foods through the afternoon.
· Beginning at noon, the event will feature the Utah Crimson vs. Utah State quidditch match, Utah’s ESPN 700 will be on site for a live radio show, and Utah Bubble Balls will be on-site for some fun sports activities.
· Beginning at 12:30 p.m., Ultimate Frisbee games will take place on the fields.
· Beginning at 1:30 p.m., David Litvack of the Salt Lake City Mayor’s Office and Salt Lake City Council Member James Rogers will welcome the community to the Regional Athletic Complex.
· Beginning at 2 p.m., a free youth soccer clinic sponsored by the Utah Development Academy will take place. Youth ages 9 and up are invited to participate.
The Regional Athletic Complex is a world class venue of 140 acres featuring 16 quality multi-purpose fields, a top-level stadium field, restrooms, and a concession area. This state of the art facility is built to support not just local athletic teams, but large regional and national competitions and tournaments offering a premier playing experience in Salt Lake City.
Field rental rates at the complex are based on facility maintenance expenses and are designed to keep the fields and turf in top quality condition. For more information on the field rental process, visit www.slcathleticcomplex.com or call 801-972-7883. The Salt Lake City Parks Program also has many fields available for games and practices in our City parks. For more information on how to reserve City fields, please go here or call 801-972-7880.
EVENT: Salt Lake City Regional Athletic Complex Public Opening
WHO: David Litvack of Salt Lake City Mayor’s Office
Salt Lake City Councilman James Rogers
WHAT: Exhibition games, youth soccer clinics, food trucks, and family fun activities
WHEN: Saturday, April 2
11a.m. to 4 p.m.
WHERE: Salt Lake City Regional Athletic Complex
2280 North Rose Park Lane between I-215 and Redwood Road
For ADA accommodations, please contact Public Services at 801-535-7188.