Racetrack Use for Riders
In order to provide for the training and competition of racing horses, saddle horses are discouraged, but not prohibited, from using the track. Saddle horse users are instead encouraged to use the arenas, round-pens, polo field, etc. Track users are encouraged to wear a helmet and to use a chest protector while riding on the track. Track users should take every precaution to ensure a safe ride. From November 1 through end of February, the track is considered CLOSED. Exceptions may be made. Please check with the Park office regarding availability.
General Racetrack Etiquette
- Jockeys should proceed in a counter-clockwise direction for exercising horses.
- Slower traffic should stay to the outside rail.
- Jockeys should be aware of and communicate with other users in order to avoid accidents.
- Owners, trainers and jockeys shall conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times and exercise courtesy while using the facility.
- Track users shall display annual passes or other proof of payment while using the facility. Staff may stop users and request such proof at any time.
- We will let you know when the racetrack is open or closed through our Facebook page, or you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 385-468-1600.
The Equestrian Park staff will maintain the track at our discretion and to our specifications. Maintenance suggestions can be directed to the Operations Manager. During the fall and winter, the track will be treated as a training facility and maintenance will be scheduled as necessary.
Saddle paddocks are mainly for race day use, but can be unlocked and used with permission from the Operations Manager.