Event Planning Guide
Event Planning Guide
In this handy document, you’ll find an overview of our event planning services, information about the facilities and our rules and regulations.
Download the complete Guide (PDF)
Event Planning Checklist
6 MONTHS PRIOR:
- Facility Use License Agreements are issued.
- Sign and return your Use License Agreement to your Sales Manager, together with the initial deposit.
- Your Event Manager is then assigned; place them on your mailing lists.
- Coordinate with your Event Manager regarding the second deposit.
2 MONTHS PRIOR:
- Send three copies of the event's preliminary floor plans to your Event Manager for Fire Marshal approval. Include arena layout, vendor set-up, footing and drag requirements, general production areas, etc.
1 MONTH PRIOR:
- General Liability Insurance Certificates are due.
- If applicable, send FDA tax-exemption letter to the City Auditor.
- Final rental payments are due to your Sales Manager.
- Schedule of Events, including all event specs with diagrams, are due to your Event Manager.
- Necessary permits are due (Mass Gathering, South Jordan Special Permit; food permits, etc.)
Event Planning Services
The following list includes descriptions of each department’s services. To contact a specific department, please refer to the staff contact list.
The Event Center concession stand is open during most scheduled events. Food, beverages, snacks and beer are available. Speak with your Event Manager for more information about concessions.
EVENT MANAGEMENT & SERVICES
After the Use Lease Agreement is signed, an Event Manager will be assigned to work with you on event planning and implementation and will be the primary point of contact throughout the event.
Facility rental charges are due in full prior to the event arrival. Please check your Use License Agreement for amounts and due dates. Invoices for deposits may be requested; otherwise the Use License Agreement is the invoice. If payments are made using a credit card (VISA, American Express or MasterCard only), a 3.5% convenience fee will be applied to the billing. Additional services (e.g. arenas worked during the show, watering arenas, heavy equipment operator) are an additional charge and should be discussed with your Event Manager. Shortly after the event, services will be invoiced and payment is due upon receipt of the final invoice.
We will keep the restrooms, lobbies, corridors and other public spaces clean during all of your event hours. Please be sure to tell your Event Manager about special cleaning needs or schedules.
Our Operations Department ensures that heating, cooling, lighting, ventilation and other critical building systems work correctly for the comfort and safety of your staff, attendees and exhibitors. Operations is also responsible for the upkeep of all of the buildings, arenas, tracks and fields at the Park.
Following the designation of available space, our Sales Manager may enter a space reservation for your event. All space reservations are entered on either a tentative/pending option, or on a definite basis. Potential date and space availability will be discussed, as appropriate. An event will be regarded as confirmed following the execution of the Use License Agreement, and receipt of the deposit. The parameters for issuing and executing Use License Agreements are dependent upon the type of event being considered.