If you are interested in a fun and team-oriented work environment, then the Salt Palace Convention Center and South Towne Exposition Center are the places to be. Our employees excel in a common sense approach to professionalism. Individually and collectively, customer service has become our number one commitment. Along with excellent people, we have great facilities to work in. These are beautiful, new buildings that are the envy of the industry. So please visit our job listings and see if an opportunity exists for you to become part of our team.
Salt Palace Convention Center
Position Title: Volunteer Salt Palace Host (unpaid)
Department: Guest Services
Reports To: Guest Services Coordinator
FLSA Status: Hourly, non-exempt
Position Summary: Will act as ambassadors to enhance conference attendees' experiences in the Salt Palace, leaving a favorable impression of the facility and of Salt Lake City, in general. Will be positioned throughout the facility during key times (registration, morning/afternoon breaks, lunch/dinner breaks, prior to receptions/events; or provide a continuing presence during shows and exhibitions) to provide directions, information and a friendly face.
- Be a source of information about the Salt Palace Convention Center and Salt Lake City
- Provide directions to meeting rooms, Salt Palace facilities, nearby restaurants, shopping and attractions
- Anticipate the needs of attendees and be prepared to answer a variety of questions
- Provide excellent customer service; be professional and welcoming
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Applicants must consider themselves to be "people persons"
- Ability to initiate conversation; be friendly, cheerful and helpful
- Ability to relate to diverse populations from around the world
- Applicants must be at least 18-years of age or older
- A high school education is required
- Good verbal skills required; foreign language a plus
- Must be able to stand the better part of four hours
- Work is event-driven, so days and hours are flexible, including weekends, evenings and holidays
Contact: Gaylis Linville, Guest Services Coordinator at 385-468-2219 or gaylis.l @ saltpalace.com
SMG-Salt Palace Convention Center, Ogden Eccles Conference Center and South Towne Exposition Center are EOE/AA employers.