Thanks to Steve Nord with the Salt Lake Bees, we were able to check out a Bees baseball game. We had a BLAST! View a video of highlights at the end of this post.Our favorite things about the game:
- The yummy mint chocolate chip ice cream that came in a cute little baseball hat (that we took home and put on our dog, of course!)
- The crowd singing "Take Me Out To The Ballgame" during the "7th Inning Stretch"
- The incredible score of the Salt Lake Bees slaughtering the opposing team
- The mascot, Bumble
- The fireworks show afterward
- Each player's theme song walking up to bat
- The dove release after the National Anthem
- Doing the wave!
About the Salt Lake Bees: The Salt Lake Bees came to Utah in 1915, where they stayed until 1926. They returned to Salt Lake in 1958 and claimed their first PCL (Pacific Coast League) title in 1959. In 1971 the team changed to the Salt Lake Angels, and claimed their second PCL title. The team was renamed the Gulls in 1975, and in 1979 claimed their third PCL title. The team was moved to Calgary, Alberta, Canada in 1984 after financial struggles forced them to be sold. In 1994 the Portland Beavers were moved to Salt Lake City and renamed the Salt Lake Buzz. In 2001 the team again change its name and affiliation, and was known as the Stingers. In 2005, Larry Miller purchased the Stingers, and in October of that year the name was changed back to the original "Salt Lake Bees". You can read the complete history on the Salt Lake Bees website.More about the Salt Lake Bees:
- Purchase discount Bees tickets
- Salt Lake Bees on Facebook
- Salt Lake Bees on Twitter
- Spring Mobile Park
- Bees Wax Blog
Summer Contest Entires: Remember, Steve Nord with the Salt Lake Bees is one of our sponsors for Enjoy Utah's Summer Contest, so you get double entries by attending a Salt Lake Bees game and posting pictures about it!
Read more from Michelle Powell at www.enjoyutah.org.