- A camera
- Good walking shoes
- A pencil so you can check off buildings as you see them, and a journal to make notes of your thoughts while doing the tour.
- A jacket if it's a chilly day. The weather in Utah in the fall can be hot and sunny one day, and then cold and windy the next.
- A light snack and bottled water so you don't have to leave the tour until you are finished.
- Click Here for a printable map of all the buildings you will see.
- Click Here for a printable information packet. This will tell you the history of the buildings, why they were built, who built them, and many more fun facts about each building. (If you are doing this tour with children, you will want to Click Here to print out the children's tour "Time Travel On South Temple." It is best suited for children 9-12 years old.)
When visiting Salt Lake, don't miss a chance to stroll up and down South Temple street. It is full of historic buildings, and they all have a story to tell.Thanks to the Utah Heritage Foundation, they've made it easy to do your own self-guided tour, and at your own pace.Prepare for your tour of South Temple by bringing the following items: